Monday, April 11, 2011

This Crazy Life....

One of the vertical drops on the KrakenImage via Wikipedia
We all lead a crazy life don't we? Or am I just the only one these days? Come on, I know I'm not alone. There are others out there that are going through a season of unknowns and craziness. Raise your hands. Yeah, I see them.

It is about mid-April and the school year is coming to a end. That means a few things for our family.
1. The roller coaster is speeding up. You know, all the concerts, activities, and parties that fill up every weekend until the last day of school. I'm not complaining. It is like this EVERY year, though. It is just how it is. So, I have to choose to either whine and shut my eyes and grit my teeth. Or I can have my eyes wide open with my hands up in the air screaming with joy as that car rolls faster and faster down the hill. I'm choosing the latter. It's more fun, freeing and a lot less stressful on the family. But, it is something I have to choose daily.

2. Packing. Most of you know that we will be moving in June due to a change in ministry for our family. We will still be in Taipei, just doing something a bit different yet the same. (That will have to be another posting after a few more puzzle pieces come to us.) So, I'm sorting away, which translates into downsizing our apartment. Three words I think about for each item: Keep, Pitch, Giveaway/Sale.  And the great thing is that we have an extra room that has become the holder of all these things. It's great because the rest of the apartment doesn't look like a warehouse, only that room. Door shut....and the apartment is back to a home.

3. Searching for new apartments. I'll be posting about this hopefully on Thursday how we've been doing that. It has been interesting and fun searching for apartments online. Fun, as in exciting to see the possibilities. Today we actually will go and see a few of them for real. But, it is still too early to sign any contracts, but it will give us an idea.

4. Waiting on God.  Yes, I am. Not always patiently, trusting him to provide. But, getting better at it. (At least I hope!) God is never in a hurry and he is NEVER late. So, the unknowns will become known in time. So, daily (sometimes hourly), I must wait on the Lord and not be anxious about anything. Praying continually for his wisdom for the future.  I'll blog about this more in the next few weeks. It just deserves a post of its own. 


5. Living without an elevator. I lived without an elevator for many years in China, even on the 5th floor. Today, our elevator is getting changed and will be out for at least two weeks. We live on the 7th floor. Again, attitude check for me. I can grit my teeth and be angry and upset about a lot of things concerning this...especially with a child that has special needs. Or I can choose to think positive like, how Jie Jie should have stairs mastered by the end of this two-week period. How using the stairs will help with areas of my body that need some shaping up. And well, you get the idea. So, I'm trying...we'll see how the attitude is in a few days. I am thinking about posting some encouraging verses in the stairwell to motivate me towards positive thinking. That might just help me....Can't really grit your teeth at a Bible verse, can you?

How are you handling the craziness of your life?
**Note that I am sorry for not writing or reading your blogs as much these days, but with homeschooling the girls and all the above mentioned....blogging and checking blogs have been put on the side for now. I'm still around and will hop over once in a while. And when this season is over, will be back in full swing. =)
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Ahh, hang in there MaDonna! This is a crazy, but exciting time for your family!!

Stairs. I lived on the sixth floor in Fukang, so I understand. They were a great built-in workout. Dare I say I miss them? It's definitely harder to lose the baby weight this time around and there's more baby weight to lose, too. I blame it entirely on the lack of stairs (and too many working elevators!) in the USA. And my minivan, of course.:)

Amy

Nevada said...

Madonna, Uwe shared about the elevator on Monday and I am committed to pray for you all everyday until it is fixed!!! You guys are great!

MaDonna said...

Amy, I actually nissed the stairs, too. I'm going to write a post about it in a few days. It might surprise you what it is I miss...

Nevada...you are too sweet! It could be worse; I could have a broken leg, be pregnant, or both of those plus a small child that can't do stairs. THAT would be terrible!