Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another Win!

Yes, I got my 30 Picture Book Ideas in 30 days! In some ways it was harder than I had thought it might be.  I mean, it's 30 ideas....you have all day to come up with one. Or like I did, come up with five, then not think about it for a few days until you remember that you are behind, then think up a few more ideas.
But it gets hard about half way through. A wall seems to come in between you and the ideas. But, I got over the wall...thankfully.

Here's a few things I learned on the way of this journey.
1. I began to find PB ideas everywhere. Eg. An email from a friend about her son's Thanksgiving play triggered an idea. It's not complete, but it's an idea to play around with.
2. My youngest drives me NUTS with her questions about words and phrases.  But, I've decided to not let it do that, but to instead twist it into a story if possible. Win, win for us both. =)
3. And the last, I now have 30 ideas to play with in the year of 2011. Will they get published? Who knows, but at least I have ideas and not a blank screen to look at, right?

Did you do PiBoIdMo? If so how did it go for you?

2 comments:

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

You are so amazing. I didn't even do one challenge and you did two! :)

Congratulations on both your wins!

Amy

MaDonna Maurer said...

Amy, I'm not pregnant with four other little ones at home...getting lost in snow crevices! =)

And just don't ask what else I did this month...cause it was nothing, which is not haunting me.