Wednesday, December 29, 2010

WIP...looking at 2011

Resolutions...New Year Resolutions.  I haven't really set any in years. In high school and college I'd make some up and hope that I'd get them accomplished. But, I found them to be vague and simply unattainable.  I mean, "loose weight", great goal, but not specific.
Yesterday I mentioned that setting specific goals, or resolutions if you want to call them that, is something I plan to do this year. I want them to be attainable, yet stretching and a bit challenging. I want some that are geared towards writing, some towards teaching "Jie Jie"*, and some that are more specific for my health.
Not only do I think that they need to be specific, but also I think they need to be only a handful.  I mean, if I have twenty I will never be able to keep track of all of them. I have a hard enough time keeping track of my reading glasses and cellphone.
So below I'm posting them for you all to see. HA! I need to post them on my computer, my refrigerator, and in my Bible. 

Writing Goals:
*By January 31st finish the first two chapters of my novel therefore finishing my class with Institute of Children's Literature.
*By the end of the year, I will have my novel ready for submission to an agent.
*By November 1st, I will have chosen from my PiBoIdMo list and have complete three picture book stories for submission.
*I will enter at least three writing contests this year.
*I will submit at least three stories to magazines for children, YA, and/or adult.
Teaching Goals:
*I will get back to regular lessons with Jie Jie starting January 2nd, and will continue until June 3rd.
Health Goals:
*I will only drink one carbonated drink a week for the rest of this year.
*I will do some sort of cardiovascular exercise three times a week for at least 30 min. each time. (This one is going to require some scheduling and MAJOR discipline even though I like to exercise.)

*Jie Jie means older sister in Chinese.

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? What are some of yours this year?

3 comments:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Great list of goals....I think the key is to make them attainable. One thing I've noticed is that the years that I post my goals somewhere I keep myself more accountable for reaching them. I'll work on mine after everyone goes back to school and work...

Have a super 2011!

MaDonna Maurer said...

Thanks Sharon...I will write them out and post them around the house to remind myself of them. =)
Happy New Year to you!

Adeeva Afsheen said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Untuk Meningkatkan Gaira Pria
Kemangi Dan Manfaatnya Bagi Kulit
Obat Sakit Persendian Lutut
Obat Untuk Menghilangkan Kesemutan Pada Jari Tangan
Cara Menghilangkan Penyakit Kuning Pada Anak Secara Alami
Awas Infeksi Lambung Bisa Jadi Penyebab Kanker Lambung
Cara Alami Untuk Mengatasi Susah Tidur Di Malam Hari
Cara Menghilangkan Flek Hitam Di Wajah Yang Membandel
Tips Pengobatan Kram Dan Nyeri