So, to start this L-WIP (that sounds a bit dangerous) I thought I'd start with looking at the new year that has started. You can go here to look at my goals for the year. But, after posting those goals I thought about spiritual goals that I didn't write down. Then I came across this post by Sherrinda about having one word that drives your goals. And I'm still not sure what that word is for me, but it will have to do something with faithfulness or obedience. I'll let you know next week what I end up choosing.
This weekend Alan Seigler spoke at our church and it is quite fitting with this topic as well. I won't give all the details, but here are the 10 questions that he asked us regarding our Spiritual Health. I'll give you a heads up #5, 8, 10 were my top three to look at for this year (as well as 3,4, and 9). I told you I was a WIP.
- Am I more thirsty for God than I was a year ago?
- Can I honestly say I have decided to follow Jesus?
- Have I moved to create the environment I need to grow?
- Do I see the world more and more through the Jesus' eyes?
- Am I gradually replacing worry with trust in God?
- Am I giving more now then I was a year ago?
- Do I find that I am more accepting of others? (not tolerant, but judgmental)
- Am I growing in my capacity to forgive others?
- Am I more persistent in my praying then I used to be?
- Am I slowing down and leaving time in my life for growth?
So, how are you doing? Did you know about the myoneword New Year's Resolution? Do you have a word for the year? How's your Spiritual Health?
W-WIP News: I started editing the first chapter of my novel. Okay, I started last night because I knew I had to post something about it. But hey, isn't that why I'm doing Wednesday WIP? To keep me accountable and push me forward in this area of my life?